In 1999, Heather started managing her family’s rentals. She loved working in this industry and decided to spend the next six years developing her own property portfolio. In 2006 she became a full time property manager and real estate broker.
Heather is actively involved in her community and is part of the following associations:
- Member of Manufactured Housing Peer Learning Program
– (NOAH Sponsored Harvard-NeighborWorks America Achieving Excellence Program and Oregon ON’s Lead On program)
- Member of the Manufactured Housing Preservation Steering Committee
- Member of the Veterans’ Housing Project
- Former member of the Springfield Manufactured Home Park Collaborative
- Member of the City of Eugene Rental Housing Department Advisory Committee
- Former Member of Emerald Business Partners
- Former Beltline Facility Plan Stakeholder Advisory Committee Member
- Former Co-Chair of the Active Bethel Citizens Neighborhood Association
- Former Vice President of the Lane County Rental Owners Association
- Former Member of the St. Vincent DePaul Society of Lane County Housing Board
As a member of these associations, Heather has an excellent background and great contacts to make the best possible choices for your investment property.
My family has been using Preferred Northwest Properties to manage two duplex rentals for several years. I don’t know if you have ever received a middle of the night emergency phone call from a tenant or had to deal with some sort of repair when you just don’t have the time but we did before hiring Preferred Northwest Properties. We also had difficult tenants who were not the right fit for our properties. I also always had concerns about staying up to date on landlord-tenant law in Oregon. The legal landscape is always changing and I always felt like I wasn’t quite sure I knew all the ins and outs.
It has been SUCH a relief to have Heather and her team take care of finding qualified tenants, collecting the rents, keeping us in compliance with landlord tenant law, taking care of routine maintenance and then giving us timely reports and transferring the net receipts directly into our bank account each month. So easy!
Heather and her team have been unfailingly responsive when we’ve had questions or concerns. They are always willing to go the extra mile to help find a solution.
Without hesitation I would recommend Preferred Northwest Properties to manage the retail space you have available in your building.
– Melinda Handy
Preferred Northwest Property Management has been caring for my apartment complex since 2012, and I’m glad to say that they have really kept it humming along. I live out of town, so I really value their creative and effective response to my needs and requests–I feel at ease having the complex safely in their hands. Their office staff has a very personal and positive way of conducting tenant relations, and when I need maintenance, their crew is very competent and attentive to cost and details. On the paperwork side, they have an excellent data management system that makes their statements and reports user-friendly, so my bookkeeping is much easier. Having Preferred Northwest as my property manager has improved the condition and value of my asset, and improved my peace of mind.
– Janet Keating