APPLICANT SCREENING GUIDELINES
Click here to download a printable version.
Preferred Northwest Property Management does not discriminate on the basis of handicapped status in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its federally assisted programs and activities.This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
- We offer Screening Guidelines and Rental Applications to all that inquire.
- A complete Rental Application is required for each applicant over age 18 who would occupy the premises as well as co-signers.An application screening charge of $50.00 per applicant/co-signer is required at the time of application submission.
- In order to verify income, rental history and personal references we will obtain a credit report, criminal records and public records request. We will also check with prior landlords. It may take up to 2-3 business days in order to verify the information on the Rental Application.
- Applicant(s)MUST view the inside of the property prior to submission.
- Applicant(s)must provide a photo ID with the application.
- Complete Rental Applications are processed in the order in which they are received.
- Applicant must be able to enter into a legally binding contract.
- Rental history of three (3) years must be verifiable from unbiased/unrelated sources.
- Applicant must provide the necessary contact information for past landlords.
- We reserve the right to deny an application if, after making a good faith effort, we are unable to verify prior rental history.
- Exceptions to rental history requirements may be made for applicants with qualified co-signer(s)
- Application may be denied for the following reasons:
- Prior evictions
- Three (3) or more 72-hour notices and/or NSF (returned checks) within a one (1) year period.
- Rental history demonstrating disruptive behavior and/or complaint history.
- No payment of rent in past two (2) years.
- Section 8 applicants must provide: Request for Tenancy Approval & Rental Agreement Addendum Forms
- Total income shall be at least two (2) times the monthly rent.
- Income must be verifiable through: pay stubs, employer contract, current tax records, and/or financial aid statement.
- If applicant does not meet the income requirements then a co-signer will be required.
- An application will be denied if we are unable to verify your legal source of income.
CREDIT/CRIMINAL/PUBLIC RECORDS CHECK
- Negative reports may result in denial of application.
- Reports will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- If you have a disability and need special features or a modification of PNPM rules, policies or procedures, you may request a Reasonable Accommodation form from our office.
PNPM PET POLICY
- Increased security deposit $300 per pet & $20 monthly pet rent per pet
- Max 2 pets (dogs/cats)
- Minimum age 1.5 years
- Must be spayed/neutered
- Must be vaccinated, as required by law
- Must be licensed in Lane County, as required by law
- Renter’s Insurance required (*PNPM named as additional interest)
- Excluded breeds: Chow, Pit Bull, Rottweiler, Akita, mixtures of these breeds
- Picture(s) of pet and records should be submitted with the completed Rental Application
- Unless otherwise indicated, all of our units rent on a month-to-month basis.
- When you have been notified your application is approved, you have 24 hours to pay the security deposit and to complete an Agreement to Execute Rental Agreement to reserve the unit.
- All units are non-smoking units.
- You must check the Pet Policy for each property/unit. Assistance animals are accepted with a Reasonable Accommodation letter from an acceptable individual.
- If you owe another landlord or a utility company money, we will require confirmation of payment prior to acceptance of your application.
- The demeanor and behavior of the applicant(s) during the application process and prior to signing the Rental Agreement will be considered in the approval/denial of an application.